Choosing any language for your project depends upon many factors such as operating system compatibility, language’s scalability & flexibility, ease of management, presence of libraries, frameworks cost, project development cost, language’s features and many more.
Today, many IT and web development companies in USA practice writing capacitive codes to create scalable software with advanced functionalities. From this, companies need the best development environment.
Therefore, companies always search for languages that give the highest level of performance. These days, many startups and well-established organizations, businesses are trusting Ruby on Rails to build a large scale website, software, and applications.
Table of Content
“In Ruby on Rails, Ruby is a programming language, while Rails is a framework.”
Using a framework, developers can write everything from scratch, can choose the libraries to write better code, and test it to remove errors; thus, increasing the potential of the end product.
Not only this but the Ruby on Rails (RoR) is used for the back-end to build SaaS web applications. In this article, we will put the light of ROR features, ROR advantages, and would answer the question, “Is it good to use ROR?”
Before that, check this out -
"Ruby on Rails is free to use and has 483,651 websites on it with 248,952 unique domains."
Ruby On Rails - Web Development's First Choice!
Ruby on Rails is a popular open-source code framework based on the MVC (Model-View-Controller) concept, which especially helps the Ruby On Rails developers to build web applications.
The first version of ROR came in 2004!
At that time, the framework was based on a concept where reusing the codes were possible, following the approach of dnry - do not repeat yourself. Also, ROR made configurations simpler!
Both of these principles provided a smooth transition because the ROR was having easy readability and versatility in creating code structures.
Additionally, Ruby on Rails development provided full-fledged tools which are now easily accessible with today's several promising technologies and code creation approaches.
For example, TDD, ORM database connectivity, MVC, design templates, integration with Git & AJAX, and the SaaS development & deployment are some tools.
Due to this, ROR became an integral part of software making in many of the top SaaS web application development company in USA.
"On December 18, 2019, the latest version of ROR, 22.214.171.124 was released.”
Key Features Of Ruby On Rails Development
ROR is a dynamic, fully object-oriented, and general-purpose scripting language for the website and application development. It was created in 1995, and currently, it ranks in the list of top 10 best programming languages ever.
In 2005, while building Basecamp, David Heinemeier Hansson visualized a powerful library over the Ruby programming language. He took out the app’s underpinnings and created different building blocks that can be used in the future.
This marked the origination of the Ruby On Rails framework.
Actually, he made it multi-purpose, more extensible, and largely expandable within the open-source market to help the developers in creating large web applications.
Afterward, Ruby on Rails again went into improvisations and was made ready for the purpose of web development. As a result, today, RoR is the most popular server-side web framework that offers you the following features:
- Before releasing the final product, you can automatically test the web project with ROR.
- Caching – a critical stage in the development of large-scale web projects.
- With the help of the Localization feature, one can easily transfer a ready-made web design into the project or any other programming language.
- You can set up routing quickly, as well as, it becomes easy to select the type of address and the section titles. Hence, if you change the address in one place, the address will automatically change over all the web projects.
- Validation of incoming data in ROR has become easy.
- Databases in ROR is an improvised one, simple, and easily accessible. All the changes in databases are recorded and securely stored in the repository.
- For any developer, a web project’s safety is always at the highest level. When you use Ruby on Rails, it sets all the security parameters by default. As a result, chances of SQL injection and XSS attacks are nil and developers make no mistakes.
- The final feature is in the deployment phase, where launching the application online on the internet from Rails hosting is easy and less time taking.
All these Ruby on Rails features make web development more automated and continuous. Therefore, every year many new ROR development companies in the USA are coming out and promoting this language and its web-based applications framework.
“With the help of this framework, you can create eCommerce platforms, Social networking websites, Content management platforms, Database solutions, Forums, and web-based software applications."
What Are The Advantages Of Ruby On Rails IDE?
An IDE - Integrated Development Environment is a type of software application used for programming. In the software development industry, IDE offers many comprehensive solutions to the developers for making coding a lot easier.
Today, most of the software development IDEs in the market come with intelligent code completion and automatic error fixing in real-time.
One cannot successfully complete any software development project without IDE. IDE offers tight-knit components in designing and development; thus, helping the programmers to gain maximum efficiency and productivity from ROR software.
"Aptana Studio, VisualStudio Code, NetBeans, Atom, JetBrains RubyMine, Sublime Text 3, etc. are some of the best well-known IDE for Ruby On Rails which you can use for your project."
Following Lies Some Advantages Of Using ROR In Your Website Project:
- Implementing large-scale web solutions is possible with ROR.
- Extremely easy to learn; become a ROR developer (best career choice!)
- Minimum project budget; ROR is cost-effective.
- Smooth database integration.
- A large community with hundreds of thousands of ROR developers.
- Standardization of the generated code; credited to MVC.
- A large repository of free plugins
- Ideal development environment for web designers.
- Precisely implements complex business logic in software or web applications.
- Ruby on Rails has options for automatic test automation before product release.
- ROR is scalable, flexible, and reliable.
"Twitter, Airbnb, Groupon, Shopify, Basecamp, etc. are some of the top examples of Ruby On Rails web development."
Conclusion: Can I Use Ruby On Rails For My Future Web Project?
CMS Website Services is a Leading web development company in Raleigh that provides the best ROR development services, and delivers large-scale enterprise-level applications.
Hence, we’ll be very honest in giving you the conclusion! At present, Ruby on Rails is not a sovereign remedy or a perfect solution in the software and web development industry.
There can be cases, where ROR services might prove to be costly. However, we hadn’t seen it yet because the cost is directly proportional to the requirements of the project, which depends upon your business needs.
Furthermore, ROR, aged around 16 years is more effective for making single-page websites, or for websites where content is updated uniquely and frequently.
Overall, Ruby on Rails as reached maturity as a web development framework and will grow to be a more stable and scalable development framework in the industry.
The Rails framework is excellent for quick application development because it absorbs changes easily. Next is, its good testing and an automated test automation environment that advances the rapid development, while maintaining the quality of the product.
The website development with ROR is agile, web design gets more comfortable, enhances the maintainability, and is well-known for its security.
Overall, Ruby On Rails is a good solution for your web and software development project. And yes, you can use it for your purposes!
If you have any further questions about the ROR development framework, then you can ask us anytime. Otherwise, visit our dedicated page of Ruby On Rails development company in USA to get a quote of your project requirements.